Middle PHP Developer
The mid-term project plan consists of massive re-engineering and re-factoring of the whole software architecture, migration to Symfony framework, gradual split of the architecture into microservices, performance optimization, business functionality development.
Care2 is a social networking website. The goal of the site is to connect activists from around the world with other individuals, organizations.
Care2 provides tools for people to become change-makers, to go from caring about something in this world to doing something about it.
Current Project Stack:
- Petitions site: Raw PHP(7.1 + composer packages) + HTML + CSS + Jquery
- Blog: WordPress with a custom theme, probably several custom plugins
- Middleware: Lot’s of custom scripts (PHP, Symfony components), CRON scripts(PHP). In plans migration to Jenkins pipelines instead of CRON
- DB: MySQL (MariaDB)
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience
- 2+ years of ongoing daily engineering experience working with PHP and MySQL.
- Work experience developing software in a business environment, preferably with Linux/UNIX/Apache
- Upper-Intermediate English
- The right candidate will have 2+ years of LAMP environment experience developing and maintaining complex websites and backend tools. The right candidate will also have hands on experience as a key contributor to the growth and evolution of technologies and systems authored in PHP/mySQL.
- In addition to PHP and mySQL skills, experience with ancillary tools (such as but not limited to Redis and ElasticSearch) will be key in our effort to build out and evolve to a more scalable infrastructure. We are NOT looking for somebody to maintain the status quo. We need your skills to help us reshape and improve our systems using industry best practices.
- Full-time position
- Work in friendly and professional team
- Comfortable office located in the historic neighborhood of Kiev — Podil
- Paid sick-list
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid benefits for self-development
- Corporate library
- Sleep-box (for some relax during workday)
- Corporate events (birthdays, holidays, etc.)
- Tea, coffee, milk, snacks and cookies =)